Friday, July 8, 2011

Get Aways...

Did you have a happy 4th of July?

We did.  Mostly because we just got away and had fun.

This is my mom...doesn't she look patriotic?
We spent Saturday with her - swimming, golfing, and watching a parade.

On Sunday we headed up to our favorite destination - Lake Superior!!!
We were able to spend some time with my sister and her family.

Can you believe we all fit on one surrey?


Throwing rocks...of course!



Even the daddies had a little competition to see who could throw them the farthest.

I forgot who won...


I took some time soaking up the sun...or being a ham...I forget which one.  
I am pretty good at both.


Jude gets me...


These two cousins are so cute.
They took turns throwing in rocks...


Watch out...



The Dyers


The Bodens


Cousins having tons of fun...waiting for fireworks.
We decided to watch them from our hotel balcony this year.
It was great because the kids could play and be silly...
plus we had delicious Pizza Luce while we waited.


BOOM!


Mitch was a little afraid of the fireworks.  
He wanted to turn the lights back on.
He kept asking, "Can the fireworks see me?"
And saying, "The fireworks are going to get me!"
So, he decided to just go play.

It was a great weekend away - enjoying time with family.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Marlene, I love the photo of the two little boys near the water...so precious!