Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We be Jammin'...

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...it's off to the Strawberry Patch we go...
Well, that is after two wrong turns and an extra 30 minutes in the car!

But nonetheless...to the strawberry fields forever
...or at least until we picked ten pounds of berries.


As soon as we got settled into our row, the boys got down to business,
picking and eating YUMMY strawberries!



"Mom, we should do this every year!"
It went very well...I think we might.
The strawberries were soooo good straight from the field.


Pink looks good on them!

And now for the best treat of all (according to the boys),
powdered sugar covered strawberry donuts...YUM!


And tonight, Jack and I set to making our jars of freezer jam.
I had never made it before...and neither had Jack.
My grandma made it every year - a treat we always looked forward to enjoying.
It was NOT as hard as I thought it would be.


We had a great time making the jam from start to finish.
And I am sure we are going to have a great time enjoying all seven jars of jam from start to finish too!
YUM!

2 comments:

P. Family said...

How fun! I loved going with my mom as a kid and canning the jam (even though I'm a grape jam kinda girl :D). I think about taking the kids for their first treck every year but the summer always gets away from me!

Chris said...

How cute! What memories Marlene. You are an incredible mom!