Friday, October 15, 2010

Tea Time...

Tea for Two?  Wait, what was that?  Twenty-Two? 

Yes, tea for twenty-two!

My fabulous Jeannie-Mom (because she is so much more wonderful than just a mother-in-law) and I were able to work together to host a tea party baby shower for my sweet sister-in-law Julie (again, so much sweeter than just an in-law). 

I love tea.  I love high tea.  I love fancy tea cups.  I love all of the little things that go along with tea - so it seemed like the perfect way to celebrate welcoming a little blessing. 

Here are some pictures from our day:


Margie (front row in the double strand of pearls) and her girls (clockwise from her left) Cindy, Kathy, Debbie and Jeannie all in their fancy tea hats.


 The Mommy-to-be and all of her guests...



The place settings for this tea were rather special.  It was comprised of three unique sets of fine china from great grandma Hall, my grandma Sally Houle, and from my own wedding set.  We had several tea cups that were given to my by my grandma Angie Schneider, and we used Swanky Swigs from the collections of Great-Rose Minar and myself.  It was an eclectic table with a rich history.



We played a game where our guests had to guess what baby had to eat by examining the contents of many  tiny pink diapers...this baby really like chocolate candy bars.


We enjoyed our morning together and with the help from so many wonderful women, all of the dishes were washed and put away until the next tea time.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You are such a gem Marlene. What fun to have a tea party for Julie's baby shower. I'm sure she must have felt VERY loved. Love you!